[IP] crackpot cures

I get frustrated too when people come up with these off the wall ideas or
misconceptions.  One I get bugged about is the constant corelation between D
and excesive weight, poor nutrition and non excercise.  I have T1 and hate
when people think that I use to be over weight and that I brought it on
myself due to poor habits.  I am the only one in my family, I am an athlete
and was priro to D.  It just happened, I did not cause it I can't make it go
away.  And if one more person tells me how it must stink to not eat cake and
candy, I will scream!  Or the person in the office who ofers me something
then pulls it away and says,"Oh, you can't have that."  Most places are
getting better, I too was at Disney recently, and have done a lot of flying.
I have had some trouble getting into monuments in DC.  Usually once I ask for
a supervisor it is ok.  Sorry to take up so much space, but this is a subject
that hits home.