Re: [IP] Insurance and Novolog

On 4 Aug 2002 at 8:09, Nancy Leach wrote:

> I don't know if I would have that problem with my insurance, because I can't
> even get our endo to write a script for it.  I asked the pump trainer for him if
> she knew if Tian would be using Humalong of Novolog.  She said that our endo
> only works with Lilly products!  So, no she would not be starting on Novolog nor
> will he be prescribing it in the future, even after I told her that I had heard
> that there were better bs with it and that the sites tended to last long.  We
> are seriously thinking of trying to find a new endo.  It took us over a year to
> get him to write the script for the pump. Nancy

But first you would need to determine if Novolog is actually needed.  88% of the respondents on the IP Survey report that they use Humalog, so they can't ALL be having
bad numbers.  Some have reported having worse numbers after switching to Novolog, but Novolog CAN provide more comfort or greater site life or ease due to not having to
mix insulins.  First determine whether there is a problem with Humalog.  If there is and your Endo continues to refuse to write 'scripts for Novolog, THEN you should
consider a change.

(who loves his Novolog and even liked Humalog, but his sites didn't)