[IP] Insurance and Novolog

    I recently got a sample vial of Novolog from my Endo, and was very
pleasantly surprised to see how much better control I had on my bg's compared
to using Humalog!
    After one weeks use, I decided to go fill the prescription for Novolog.
1st problem was that Cub Pharmacy did not carry Novolog, and the Pharmacist
said that they had had no requests for it, and continued to tell me that they
did carry Humalog (which I already knew), and that it was the same as
Novolog. Ha Ha, talk about misinformed!
    After talking to him about the differences between the two, he then said
he would get some for me by Monday evening.
    2nd problem, the Pharmacists calls me and says that my insurance would
not cover Novolog, but that on Monday he would call my Endo, and the
Insurance company to straighten things out. I will have to wait and see what
happens, I may end up sticking with Humalog, simply because that is what
Insurance pays for.
    Has anyone else had this problem of Insurance covering Humalog, but not
    Jan G.