[IP] Re: crackpot cures

What a nightmare!  Just when you think you can have a decent, intelligent
conversation with someone, they say something stupid like that - the other
night I had my g-daughter (7 yo Type I) at a privately owned miniature golf
place and the owner and I were talking - diabetes came up I think because she
wanted some candy -  he said he had Type II, which we all know is totally
diff. than Type I - he said "won't she outgrow that?"  Usually, I am fairly
polite and I still was but I became a little aggressive (only in my tone of
voice) and I said no, you don't outgrow Type I and then I started to eduacate
him (he needed it) and took about 1 minute (I can get a lot into one minute
re: diabetes - I have my speech down pat after 32 years (my daughter's had
Type I that long) and then I left feeling better - I had set a good example
for my g-daughter - I had educated someone re: Type I and I didn't leave with
a feeling that I let this man tell me something I knew wasn't true)  So
there!  Tammy, Mom to Joely dx'd 1970 - gma to Emma dx'd 9-15-01.  Kansas