Artorius - Re: [IP] Silhouette users

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who took some time to understand this.....

Actually, the only thing that does change is the priming. When pumping U50, the
pump does the calculation for how much volume vs how much actual insulin.  U50 is
50% insulin 50% dilutent.  When you tell the pump to give, lets say, 2 units, it
actually gives 4 units of volume, 2 units of insulin, 2 units of dilutent.  So,
when I told the pump to prime 0.40 units, it actually gave 0.80 units of volume.
That would have been my logical choice to prime, but our manual said to prime 1
unit.  That's what I did.  When using U100, the actual insulin and volume are the
same.  No dilutent.

I hope that I didn't confuse things even more.  It took me a while to wrap my
brain around the fact that the pump did the calculations and all I had to do when
pumping U50 was tell the pump how many units of insulin we wanted and it did the
calculating.

Susan