Re: [IP] Type 2 Support Group?

On 2 Aug 2002 at 17:50, Sean Hamblin wrote:

> I have a girlfriend at work who is T2 and injecting insulin.  She just
> started injecting about 3 months ago and her A1C has gone from 10.1 to 7.2, so
> she's very happy.  But she said she feels like she's 'not getting it'....and
> wants to learn more about carb counting and T2 in general.  Can anybody here
> suggest a support group list for T2 that I can direct her to? I told her how
> great this list is, but she's not pumping so she didn't want to join.
> Sean, mom of Jake, 9 (dx 07/01, pumping 01/02)
> Grapevine, TX

Just because you are not pumping does not mean you cannot learn important lessons about controlling diabetes here.  This list is also for those who would be good
candidates for pumping, and IMO, most type 2's that inject are GOOD candidates.  Remember the tagline for www.Insulin-Pumpers.org is

     "Support and Information for Adults and Children With Diabetes"

It is unsaid, but  "No Pump Required!"       ;>)