Re: [IP] Silhouette users

At 01:57 PM 8/2/2002, you wrote:
>This could just be my brain getting in the way, but....
>Priming the canula should be consistent regardless of the strength of the
>insulin being pumped into it.   The canula will always hold the same volume of
>liquid.   If it required .4 with U50 insulin, it will still only take .4 of
>U100 insulin to fill the canula.
>Calculating units to deliver for bolus/basal/correction adjustments are all
>that should change when insulin strength changes.

This really depends on if they are priming with the knowledge if its .4
units using U100 or .4 Units of U50 and if the pumps set up for the U50.

Priming for .4u using u100  = 0.4 units
Priming for .4u using u50 when the pump is set for u100 = .8 unints (volume)

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
www.DiabetesBytes.com  *New*