[IP] dad wants to hook himself up

<<and to fine tune our basal/bolus rates.>>
Your doctor controls your bolus and basals.  Does he live with you>

NO he does not live with me, but he IS the one that gives me my initial numbers and I tweek them from there, he IS the one that gave me the direction to pump.  I would have had NO idea how much Humalog to give myself when I started pumping.  This insulin affects me more than the N and R ever used to.  It is a more predicatable insulin with the results it gives and the timing, but I still have questions and can't post every one of them on here, so I DO visit my endo every 3 months.  For health and insurance purposes.