Re: [IP] Re: kids and testing

  I recently went on the pump...I ran into a friend who did arm testing, tried it, and loved it.  When I went back to my diabetic educator to try to switch, she told me that arm testing is not accurate enough to do corrections on the pump and detect accurate lows.  She told me that the blood in your arms is about 1 - 2 hours old and in your fingers it is current, so that is where pumpers want to test for the latest BG level.

   But, we all manage our diabetes differently, so good luck however you test - as long as you test often!!

- Melissa

 email @ redacted wrote:After being on a One Touch Ultra for 3 months using my arms exclusively, I
can't imagine why any parent strong enough to put there child on a pump would
still be testing via the fingers- It's stone age- I say it this way not as a
mean minded critique, but as a way to get my point accross to at least try
using the arm for testing- You kid might find testing to be too easy-

Bryon