RE: [IP] It doesn't look like there is a pump in my future.

Chris Jones [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Then, I was informed that I would have to test as much if not more when I
> went to a pump.  (I'm supposed to test 4x a day.  In reality, I test once
> day and inject 4 -5 times with an average being 40 units)

That is correct.  The reason is that CSII uses only very rapid acting
insulin (Humalog or Novolog) as a rule.  If, for some reason, you are not
getting the insulin you need, your blood glucose levels can skyrocket
incredibly fast.  The only way to protect oneself is to test a lot.  FWIW, I
test seven or eight times a day.

If you are not prepared to test a minimum of four times a day, then CSII is
not for you.

Jim Handsfield