[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #498

Subj:   Re: insulin-pumpers letter
Date:   8/1/02 9:52:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:Bonny1956">Bonny1956</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:email @ redacted">email @ redacted</A>

Hi Mom to Heather,
I was worried when my daughter Brittany, age 15 began pumping 4 weeks ago.
Her endocrin. ordered her to check 2 hours after every meal, at midnight and
at 3 AM, so hopefully the burden of checking can be blamed on her doctor.
They should be calling you for her numbers every day for a while, just like
when she was first diagnosed.  Have her talk to the doctor and give her
numbers.  That way she feels responsible, and that may relieve some of the
defensiveness she has with you.  (I know that feeling of "Oh Mom, get off my
back!")  You will be amazed how quickly Heather will adapt, and how easy it
is for her to correct and keep tabs on her numbers.  This is going to make
your life so much easier....  Give it a  little time.
Much support and prayers,
Mom to Brittany