[IP] GlucoWatch

Ours doesn't cover it yet, that I'm aware of. I'm
hoping that will change soon though (even just partial
coverage would be nice.) :) I recently wrote a letter
to the Medical Directors of both the Lead Agent
(Madigan Army Medical Center) and the Managed Care
Support Contractor (HealthNet Federal Services) for
TRICARE Region 11 (Pacific NW - WA, OR, & ID) asking
that they consider covering the cost of the GlucoWatch
and AutoSensors. When I was just toying with the idea I
mentioned it to our endo, and he encouraged me to write
it and see what happens. I haven't heard anything back
from them yet (and don't expect to for a while). Even
if they don't go for it at this time, the seed has been
planted. I figured I didn't have anything to lose by
asking and all it cost me was 2 stamps and a little bit
of my time (okay, it took a month to do it because I'm
a little busy with 8 children, but I eventually got it
done!) :) If there is anyone else here who is in
Tricare Region 11 that would like to follow suit (the
more, the better) let me know and I'll give you the
specific contact info of the people that I wrote to. If
a lot of us write, it will be hard for them to ignore.
;) I've written letters before on other issues and have
always gotten good results, so I'm hopeful for the
(eventual) same result this time.

Bassem said:
is the glucowatch covered by insurance companies at