[IP] Bay Area pumpers - Aug 4 Sunday event for Diabetes Interview article!!

Dear Bay Area Pumpers,
If you are a fan of the magazine Diabetes Interview, please consider
yourself warmly welcomed to this event. This discussion, by the way, isn't
specifically about pumping (details below).

This is VERY last minute, but I am still trying to fill chairs for an
informal meeting that will be the basis for a Diabetes Interview article. I
knew summertime would present a scheduling challenge, but here goes!

I apologize for the very late notice, since the date is Sunday afternoon,
but perhaps you can make it to my house. I have a small, great group right
now, but a few more people would be excellent. Please call if you have any

Here are the details:
Invitation: A Conversation Between Type 1 and Type 2

You are invited to participate in a meeting on Sunday, August 4, to discuss
your experience of diabetes. The focus will be the contrast between type 1
and type 2, both in our perceptions and the public's. The outcome of the
meeting will be an article for Diabetes Interview.

Since these are two different diseases, the concerns and lifestyles are
different, although aspects, such as fear of complications, are shared. The
discussion group will be between 8 to 10 participants, and will be balanced
between type 1 and type 2. This will be a moderated, "point - counterpoint"
discussion to explore differences and aspects in common. I have type 1 and
my husband has type 2. We look forward to this discussion.

Please review the information below and let me know whether you would like
to participate.

Here are some sample points of discussion:
- What aspect of diabetes was hardest for you when you first got diagnosed?
- What is your greatest fear related to diabetes?
- What do you object to most about comments from those that don't have
- What do you think about the names for diabetes, "type 1" and "type 2"?
- For type 1s: Do you think type 2s are better or worse off than type 1s?
- For type 2s: Do you think type 1s as are better or worse off than type 2s?

For the article, I would like to include your brief bio: name, age, gender,
profession, type of diabetes and duration, and complications, if any.
Participants will be videotaped during the meeting, and a few photographs
will be taken.