Re: [IP] Question about kids with parents who are Type I

I have tested my 3 yr old for the past year a few times.  He sees me do it
all the time, so when i did it to him he had to act tough.  It was really
cute because I had the same feelings...I hated to do it!  But the good thing
was his sugars were normal and i was relieved.  i think that I would want to
know as soon as possible if things were not right.  That is just in my
opinion though.  I have had diabetes for 12 yrs. and have learned to live
with it because it is a part of me.  If my children ever had to go through
the same thing I will also teach them to control it and not let it control
them...physically or emotionally.