[IP] Is this a way to diagnose Carpel Tunnel?

I was told by a message therapist that the way to diagnose carpel
Tunnel to to place your forearm on a hard flat surface with the upper
arm at a 90 deg angle.  Then attempt to raise your thumb and small
finger at the same time.  If you can raise the thumb and small finger
at the same time and do it without pain; you don;t have Carpel Tunnel.

Anyone with and those w/o carpel Tunnel care to try this and let me know?

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Nine months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet
friends & IP.org

Insulin infusion pump has given me better control than I had achieved
in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's &
fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).