[IP] black spots in vision with hypoglycemia

With all this talk of hypo symptoms, I just wondered

I sometimes notice my right eye has lots of small black holes in the visual
field when I am low (I only notice it when reading).  I wonder if these are
related to my 20-year-old pan-retinal photocoagulation (laser surgery for
retinopathy).  Do any people who have not had the surgery get them?

A mother mentioned the shaking pencil test for hypos -- I remember as a child
thinking it so funny that the pencil did that when held loosely, and used it
myself as a test, but didn't know the medical profession knew that much
<gr.>.  But after 46+ years, that kind of symptom will only show up very
sporadically, and isn't necessarily related to hypos anymore.

Linda Z