Re: [IP] pump and school

We handled it differently. Ty went to the nurse to test at lunch, still does
but he always ate a snack in class. When he was younger most of the kids ate
a snack anyway and if he needed more carbs his extra snacks were kept in
every classroom. He was 6 at dx'd and is now 12. I've always wanted him to be
able to take care of himself. What if something happened to me or his dad
etc. He also wanted to sleep over at friends and play in the neighborhood
with his friends. We supervise all we can and his friends and parents are
aware and have basic knowledge of D but Ty has to know this stuff to live and
as soon as the kids can I think they should have some responsibility. He gave
his own shots at 6 with supervision but in an emergency I knew he could do
it. Now he's on the pump and can count carbs faster than he multiplies by 2
LOL He is the one training the school nurse and he's been right everytime
when she calls to confirm. Kids will do what is expected of them and I expect
a lot from all my kids not just Ty and not just about D.  Ty's proud Mom