From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Cherry M. Dumas
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 1:08 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Site Infection

We can't figure it out. At first we thought that maybe I was making the site
TOO clean and was allowing the germs easier access (That can happen!). Then
we thought I was allergic to some of the prep stuff, or the hebicleans, but
none of that is a factor. So my doctors and I are pretty much stumped. I do
know that the staph and strep bacteria is always on the skin. They are what
is called a smart germ. When you wash, they run to areas that you cannot
clean as easily, such as the nostril, under fingernails, in the ears, etc.
So they might be swarming INTO the site. Also once you experience a staph
infection, you are more prone to them.
Cherry