RE: [IP] Insulin and tubing

My son is on the pump and I have to agree with Kathy on this. We don't bolus
when he is taking a shower or doing physical exercise and reconnects. He
usually doesn't need the bolus, but again YMMV. If you do bolus do this
before you connect, the insulin in the tube to the cannula should still be
there, if any leaks, I would think it is a minimal amount. The bolus will
make sure that insulin is primed to from the pump to the end of the
reconnection site. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Dana Barber Gonzales, MHSA
University Affiliated Program
Department of Pediatrics
2001 Pershing Circle, Ste 300