RE: [IP] Insulin and tubing

First of all when you disconnect to take a shower, in reality, you aren't in
there longer than 15 minutes and if you miss 1/10th of a drop of insulin for
your basal rate, what's the big deal?

You should always PRIME at least .5 unites BEFORE you reconnect, not after
you are connected.  This is to make certain that things are flowing properly
before you reconnect...

As far as swimming, etc. when I disconnect, it's never for more than an hour
and I just prime and then reconnect.  I figure w/the exercise I did in the
pool, I don't need to bolus anything or take care of any basal rates I

Just my personal opinion and what I do.
Kathy B.