----- Original Message -----
From: "Darrin Parker" <email @ redacted>
> >     When my son is low he also gets numbness and tingling in his legs
> >feet when he goes low.
> Note that numbness and pins and needles are symptoms of hypos in most
> people. I knew a few other diabetic kids who like me lost all feeling
> in their tongues.

I used to have a tingling numbness and muscle spasm in my mouth and hands --
my mouth would go into a kissy shape, and my thumbs would curl into my palms
almost until I couldn't use my hands. I don't get that symptom any more.

I don't really have any totally reliable symptoms any more, BUT my liver is
very vigilant, and can still kick out sugar and keep me from going too low
most of the time. Every once in a while, I have a doozy, but have never gone
unconscious or been unable to help myself.

Hope it stays that way -- I'm planning on a good 30 or 40 more years with

Natalie ._c-