[IP] Letting lows correct themselves

 Of course we are all different but to date I've yet to come across a
 doctor who will acknowledge this one.  Here's proof:  some go
 unconscious of a hypo isn't treated.  With me; I can ignore a hypo
 and eventually the liver will fully correct the bg without me
 reaching the point of going unconscious.  Go figure.
 - --
 Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
 - ------------------------------------ >>

You are right again Darrin!
    When Claire gets too low, her body just kicks in and shoots up her bg to
at least 400 or so.  I was so happy reading the IP list that others here
experience this and acknowledge that this occurs, but you won't believe the
number of professionals and other diabetic kids' parents who have told me
that this just does not happen.  Well, I've seen it many times.  Of course, I
don't know how low she goes before it happens, I once checked her running
around the school playground feeling fine when the meter said 34, but this
was a Dex meter which I considered very unreliable (no choice but to use it
while in the UK).
    So now I wonder--does this mean that she would never go unconscious or
have a seizure from a low bg??  And if so, is this "safer" for a child's
brain and body than a seizure??  (Not that you have a choice in this matter.)
 Anyone know the answer to this?

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7
No, no one knows but don't do it. Kids brains are quite plastic but low bs can
kill brain cells. No seizure means nothing. seizures are not common with low
bgs. the area of low bgs and brain damage is an area of active research. most
kids survive so it is hard to get autopsy material to investigate the brain.
low bgs are the same as no oxygen. so, i do not recommend fooling around with
this. spot.