[IP] Fw: new Middle School

-----Original Message-----
From: Monterey Counseling Center <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 1:17 PM
Subject: new Middle School

my 11 yo pumps,.and is new to Middle School this year.  6th grade.  I was way
nervous - 800 kids,
all new teachers, etc.  The district nurse (none at any of the schools) has
done a great job.  All the
504 plans/paperwork, plus a hall pass just for her to use whenever she needs
to, and her picture
in the office where the teachers check in every morning, saying THIS CHILD IS
A LOOKOUT in case she needs help.  Nurce met with all teachers, office staff -
did a training, glucagon,
etc., and asked them all to speak to her privately offering any support she
would need.  She has
free reign to test, eat, go pee, call me, etc.  I do hope it is this way for
every child.