Re: [IP] school and the pump-long

I believe that your son has a right to test blood glucose levels, get the
insulin he needs (via pump or even injection), and receive other necessary
health care at school with the least possible loss of class time and in a way
that minimizes the disruption to his learning.

I also believe that the classroom teacher is not legally, or even morally,
obligated to provide any of this health-related care.

The school, however, does have that obligation . . . so whether the school
nurse comes to the classroom when needed or the school hires a qualified
classroom health aide to provide the necessary amount of in-school care for
your second grader, it is the school who is responsible to see that the
appropriate care is provided.

Just my 2 cents worth . . .

PumpMama to Katie (10)