Re: [IP] Colonoscopy

I have experience with this test. Your routine may vary, but here's what I did:

1)  Approximately 1 week prior to the exam, I "tested" my basal rates to
have a fresh idea of how my BG would fare during the 24 hour fasting prior
to the colonscopy.
2)  I did *NOT* discontinue, suspend or otherwise change my insulin pump.
Please check with your health care team regarding "stopping" your insulin
for 24 hours. This instruction does not sound correct.
3)  I fasted as instructed, drank the "chute cleaner" as instructed - do
not wander far from your house :-)
4)  Went through the procedure. The drugs they gave me made this a very
painless procedure.
5)  Had a huge meal afterwards, bolused accordingly.

Bob Burnett