Re: [IP] Forearm testing and results with Freestyle

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:42:21 EDT, you wrote:

>I use the Freestyle meter and only use my arms. I was told about the slight
>difference in numbers between the forearm and fingers. I called Therasense
>and was told that the finger site will be lower by 11%. That is not much.
>Also it says something about the difference in results on the paper work that
>comes with the meter. I just treat it with the correct amount of CHO. I have
>checked my arms and fingers at the same time when I felt low and my arm said
>I was 50 and fingers were 45. Anytime I check them both, the results are
>always very close. Close enough in my book to keep away from sore fingers and
>to continue with forearm testing. Happy pumping, Claudia

Do you use any special technique for obtaining the blood sample from
your forearm??  I have a Lifescan Ultra that I used to use for forearm
testing -- even after I was told that the forearm wasn't as accurate
as the fingertips.  Then, a couple of days ago, I was feeling low and
tested my blood sugar using the usual site (forearm).  The result was
something like 86.  Not really trusting the results, and being a
little bored at the time, I tested my fingertips.  The result was in
the mid 60's.  Since then, I've been using my fingertips exclusively,
but would really like to go back to the forearms.....

Thanks,
Vicki
Type 1 since 1974 (10 days before my 10th birthday)
MM508 since July 25, 2001