Re: [IP] hypos and numbness

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:44:46 EDT, you wrote:

>HI list.  Here is something new that happened to Joshua (age 9.5, pumping 1.5
>yrs)  He ran pretty low most of the afternoon today...pretty active.  Well,
>at one point he started to complain about feeling like his whole back and his
>mouth were numb, like after a dentist visit.  It was numb and tingly.  I
>checked his BG as he was also saying that he was starting to really feel
>lousy too.  He was 40.  This was down form 65 a few hours earlier, and he had
>been 44 a few hours prior to that one too.  Anyway, this is the first time he
>has complained of or mentioned numbness or tingling.  Has anyone had this or
>have know a young child to have something like this happen before.

Hi Sylvia;

I've been a type 1 diabetic for about 27 years now.  A lot of times I
find I'll get the numbness around my mouth -- and face, and arms, and
hands -- when I have some lows.  It usually seems to happen when I've
been low for long periods of time, and when I get to that point, I
usually dive into the refrigerator and do the munchie march..... Kind
of annoying to have the numbness.....

MM508 since July 25, 2001