Re: [IP] 24 hour urine question

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Cherry M. Dumas wrote:

> What exactly is the 24 hour urine test? What is it for?
> Cherry

There various "goodies" that the look for in your urine that are markers
for kidney problems go up and down during the day, dependent on when and
what you eat, drink, etc..... spot urine checks can easily miss small
amounts of indicators of the beginnings of a problem. Taking ACE
inhibitors at the earliest sign of a problem can prevent or drastically
slow the development of kidney problems so a good doc will want to check
this at least annually. If the test comes up inconclusive or borderline,
they test again.