[IP] sterilized with something that causes cancer???

I'm a California resident and have been on the pump for a little less than a
year.  I just recently got my pump supplies for the next three months and for
the first time read the packing slip that came inside the box.
It says.......WARNING: These disposable products have been sterilized with
ethylene oxide, a chemical known to the state of Calif. to cause
cancer........and it goes on to say that they are required to notify the user
regarding this warning.
Has anyone ever seen this before????  What do you all think about it?  I'm a
little nervous now and I don't know if I should be.  Please e-mail me and let
me know if you know anything about this.
Amy  (email @ redacted)