 > I'm having a real hard time emotionally/mentally ,
> getting myself to
> > take care of myself. The way I figure it, what's
> the point in
> > taking care of my body and prolonging  my life, so
> that I can live
> > another 30-40 years with diabetes.

I know exactly how you feel. Live each day, in the
moment because the future as a big blank slate is too
much for anyone to bear. I had a doc who told me that
every day I woke up and chose to give myself insulin I
was choosing to live. None of us are guaranteed a
tomorrow, which is a little grim, but it also means we
have an equal chance of a long life or even a diabetes
I get really tense sometimes, as I'm trying to work
through all this as well. I use these meditation tapes
made by New Harbinger Publications called "Ten Minutes
to Relaxation". It's two tapes, each with two ten
minute meditations with breathing exercises, which I
find excellent if you have time constraints or issues
with taking time to meditate. I've had them for years
and I don't know if the company still exists, but the
number on the inside cover is:
I think taking time to really breathe and feel your
body living each moment is a great way to deal with
stress and sadness - not always to get rid of it, but
to allow yourself to actually feel it so it can
eventually pass.

Do You Yahoo!?