Re: [IP] pump

> Today was our daughter's first day of school. She is in 8th grade
> and is beginning her third year in this school.  The nurse (RN) was
> there today. She has six schools and only comes once a week.
> Luckily the health tech who Jenny deals with on a daily basis is
> very caring, bright and willing to learn.
> Kay

Our school district has over 20 schools and one school nurse that as
far as I can determine, never goes to any of the schools. There is a
person at each school with some health training, but that's about it.
The school has always been very cooperative about allowing Lily to do
pretty much what she wanted or need to do. As far as the nurse goes,
she never returned any of my phone calls so for the 7 years Lily was
in the system I just ignored her and the various silly letters that
were sent about diabetes (all shot related). The local staff was
alway cooperative and willing to help. I made it a point to try and
make sure all Lily's teachers were aware of the minimal things
necessary to treat a low and let Lily worry about the highs -- she
could always call me or mom with a question and did once in a while.
Don't get stressed over the school response as long as they don't
interfere. Teach your daughter to be self reliant and her teachers to
help her if she is low.