Re: [IP] insulin

> It would be interesting to find out, of the folks
> who have no problems
> with their insulin losing its effectiveness, where
> do they wear the
> pump? Is it right next to the body or attached
> somewhere cooler.
> Sue

I keep my insulin out ot the fridge until the bottle
is empty, andI have not noticed that it loses it's
effectiveness. In 8 years of being diabetic, I may
have had two bottles of questionable effectiveness,
and it may or may not have been the insulin but I
threw away the bottle to troubleshoot.
I wear the pump either in it's leather case on my
waistband or in the thigh holster. If I'm changing a
set in the hottest part of the summer I won't put
insulin back in the bottle from the reservoir, but
otherwise I haven't had a problem with reusing
tubing/reservoirs or the practices involved (knock on

Do You Yahoo!?