Re: [IP] insulin

I also find that after 3-4 days, any insulin remaining in my pump has
lost some of its effectiveness. In this case, when  you put the left
over insulin back in the bottle, you'll dilute the unused insulin in the

I think it is a function of the temperature of the insulin. It can
survive at room temp for , what? 30 days? But when you wear the pump
next to your body, you are heating it up which causes it to break down.

Also when  you sleep at night, you could also be on top of your pump
transferring heat to the insulin.

It would be interesting to find out, of the folks who have no problems
with their insulin losing its effectiveness, where do they wear the
pump? Is it right next to the body or attached somewhere cooler.