Re: [IP] pump

  This story that you related to us is VERY familiar.  This pumping business
is so new that even some of the most educated of RNs (and MDs as well)
haven't a clue has to what it is all about.   Our RN was also very confused
over Josh (age9.5 now and the only DMer in his school and only IPer in his
whole district) not being on any long acting insulin either.  I mean, that is
how it is done.  don't we know anything about the care of diabetes....this is
what she was actually saying to me!!!  I calmly told her that times have
changed and soon shots will be a thing of the past and that she needs to get
some current training on diabetes and its care, including the pump.  She and
the other district RNs (we also only have an RN maybe one day each week) were
thrilled when I had an inservice for them with our rep and learned this
latest technology.  But I can assure you that at no time was Joshua ever
hassled over any of this.  I'm glad that your daughter stood up for herself
but am sorry it took its toll on her.  Hope you give the RN a piece of your
mind...for me too!

mom to Joshua