Re: [IP] Heat and Insulin

At 10:05 PM 8/27/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>A thought occurred to me today as I was dying of heat. (Northern CA) I am
>waiting to get the pump and am wondering, If the sight is changed every 2 to 3
>days, is that how long the insulin should last? Wouldn't the insulin brake
>down? I mean it was over 100 degrees here today. Will the insulin tolerate
>that? We keep insulin in the refrigerator and all. Just wondering how this is
>supposed to work.

I live in AZ where it's been in the 100's for over three months now.  I do
a lot of stuff out side and have never ever had a problem with the
insulin.  One cartridge last me about 10 days and I only change the site
every  2-3 days.  I keep the pump away from direct sunlight and that's
about it.

Fran, pumping in AZ for 3 summers.