Re: [IP] Back-up device?

Anthony,

Our daughter (12) has been on the Animas pump since 12/00. Since she has had no
pump problems, she has not needed a back up device. We did get an insulin pen
which she has used probably 8 times this summer when we went to the beach and
water slides. She uses humalog in the pen, just like the pump. Since she is only
disconnected for 4 hours or so on beach days, she just does a correction bolus
every 4 hours. Because she  is exercising so much her insulin requirements are
much less.

Kay