[IP] Re: Getting on the pump

Regarding wanting to get on the pump, it is best to ask your doctor or
endocrinologist. In our area, I discussed having difficulty controlling my
blood sugars to my medical doctor and was referred to a diabetes educator.
The diabetes educator and I discussed my sugar problems and a pump was
suggested in the discussion-we pursued that together. It took lots of steps
to get my BG's (blood glucoses) in order, taking about a month or so. I had
to jump through some hoops, so to speak, in getting my pump but it was way
worth it and it changed my life. I am under control and make much more
healthy choices to eat right, exercise and control my sugars-the ultimate
best choice ever!  Good luck and welcome to insulin pumpers! Sharon