RE: [IP] Defective tubing from Silhouette infusion set

From: "Kathy Bruckmeyer" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP] Defective tubing from Silhouette infusion set

< ALWAYS remember to push the insulin through BEFORE
< you hook it up to be primed...this way you will be able to see that
something is not working properly before you drive yourself crazy!

Thanks, Kathy.   When using a Silhouette I do prime BEFORE connecting so
that wasn't the problem. I usually push the insulin through , then put the
syringe aside until I'm ready to put it in the pump for priming  and
hooking up, usually the next morning. I guess I need to know what was wrong
with the tubing just to satisfy myself that I wasn't having a Senior moment
or a hypo when I prepared the whole thing the night before.   Why wasn't I
aware that something was wrong then? Of course I must have not pushed the
insulin through!   but the memory of my mother dying of  Alzheimers  makes
me very uncomfortable so I do tend to obsess over things like this.  <grin>

Denise Guerin
Type 1 47 years
Minimed 507  3 years