Re: [IP] Unused insulin

> Michael wrote:
> <<or do an unused insulin/food calculation to if she really need to
> add insulin if she is high after a meal.>>
> I know about unused insulin rule from John Walsh's book, but how do
> you figure unused food?

use your carb ratio to calculate insulin required for the carbs, do
the unused insulin calculation for the result and reverse the
procedure (carb ratio again) to get the carbs remaining. This does
not account for the glycemic index of the food, but can give a rough
estimate of the remaining carbs to be digested. Pretty rough
calculation, but I guess it's better than nothing at all.