Natalie said "......So I don't think IDDM itself blocks the mumps,
but the genetics of the immune system ARE very complicated, and
it's hard to say whether there's a relationship or not!..."

Wow, that is so weird to me!  With all the crazy hypotheses we
have discussed here, this is a first....I never had the mumps either.
My mom used to tell me "Lordy, I put you in bed with your big
brother and every child in the neighborhood (we were small
children, don't get any ideas) and you never did get the mumps!"

Then my husband, daughter and son all had the mumps at the
same time back in 1975....(Geez, was that a miserable time...for
me, not them...) and I still didn't get them.   But I "got diabetes 1"
in 1986!

How many folks has this happened to?  Is there any correlation, or
is it just another weird circumstance?
Bonnie Richardson