[IP] Forearm Testing

About 9 months ago I switched over exclusively to the Therasense FreeStyle
meter because of the very small sample size (0.3ul). At the time I was
using the lancing device that  came with the meter and was testing from
both fingers and forearm (depending on the situation). In March I switched
to the VacuLance from Bayer and at that time stopped all finger testing
(the VL is not appropriate for finger sticks).

There has been a fair amount of discussion about the results from finger
testing and forearm testing being different however I was not concerned
because both number track the same body conditions (just with somewhat
different numbers) and the forearm numbers were clearly useful to me in
making decisions and controlling my diabetes. Recently however, there has
been meaningful documentation that there is a statistically significant
difference in the testing methods and that the forearm numbers can be made
to closer match the finger numbers by rubbing the test site before lancing.

I am going to continue exclusively doing forearm testing. However, my
question is do other who are doing forearm testing rub the site? And if so
do you worry about the small difference between rubbing and not rubbing?

Thanks Pat