RE: [IP] Great A1c

Bret,
Sorry, but there is no "balloon" to put a pin in.  I certainly don't need to
be told to "get a life", as the one I have is awesome, very full and has
gotten better as I have been in better control.   I  have a great life full
of many other things than my diabetes.  Actually, most people don't even
know I have this disease.  It's interesting, after 31 years of taking
injections, changing to the pump has brought back my hypoglycemic awareness,
one of the goals my Endo & I had been working towards in starting on the
pump.  I know what hypoglycemic unawareness feels like because I had it and
suffered with it a lot (as did my husband having to treat it).   Sounds like
your theory works a bit backwards for me.  I've not had anywhere near the
severe lows I used to suffer and actually was told I would have fewer by my
CDE when I was starting on my pump.   I had very good control before
pumping, but many highs & lows.  Since pumping, not one time have I had to
ask anyone for help because of low blood sugar.  My blood sugars just tend
to run more in the normal range which obviously makes my A1c closer to the
normal range.  My Endo is absolutely pleased with my A1c and the control I
have achieved.  I also know the results of high blood sugars as I am  blind
in my left eye from retinopathy and was legally blind in both eyes when I
was 20.  I now have 20/25 vision in my right eye!  I feel that what I have
to gain by having a lower A1c is the opportunity to avoid complications and
for me it is certainly worth it.

Brenda : )