[IP] temp basal rate - Htron and beeps

Darrin said:
"I don;t know about the MM but on the D-Htron it can't be turned off. In my
experience; I wouldn't turn it off. "

Actually, I believe you can turn the beeps off of the H-tron plus while
running a temp basal rate.  I forget how because I no longer have the manual.
  I traded in for the D-tron because of the waterproof issue.  (I'm in the
water every day in the summer.)
BUT, I completely agree with Darrin in advising against turning the beeps
off.  I did get myself into trouble this way.  I turned the beeps off because
I was running a temp basal  during my daughter's First Reconciliation, and I
didn't want to be heard during the ceremony.  Well, the next day, I switched
my pump to "stop" to make a basal rate change, got a phone call in the middle
of doing so, and never switched back to "run".  Well, I didn't realize it
until four hours later when I was sick to my stomach and had "large" ketones
in my urine.  (My bs did not go that high until the four hour point, so the
intermittent checks did not alert me to this problem.)  Of course, I was
basal rate testing that day, so I didn't bolus for any meals either.  Had I
not silenced the beeps the day before, I would have been alerted to the
problem every five minutes or so by warning beeps.  Lesson learned - those
beeps are there for our safety!
Jenny, safely beeping away