Re: [IP] Great A1c

>  > I have only been pumping since February and in July had my quarterly blood
>>  work done and was thrilled to see that my A1c was down to 5.8!  This also
>>  was achieved without so many highs & lows so it makes it that much better.
>  > Some days I almost feel "normal".   This pump is such a awesome tool!
>  > Oh well, just wanted to share my happy news and I did update my IP
>  > Thanks,   Brenda

>Hate to put a pin in your balloon but i tend to agree more with the
>gentleman who said people who have A1C's in the 4 and 5's need to get a
>life. many endocrinologists will say that is too low for a diabetic. the
>lower you go the more you are likely to develop hypoglycimia unawareness

Congratulations on the great number!  for most this is a difficult
number to achieve.  Well done!

The warnings about complications caused by too many lows are correct
*if* too many lows are associated with your tight control.  In my
opinion; otherwise go for the low numbers!  for teh first in 27
years; my A1c's have been below 9.2 and with far fewer hypos than
when running A1C's of 9 - 15.  YMMWillV!

Personally the more of a life i have; the worse the A1C is.  Never fails.

Again, congrats, Brenda!
Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Nine months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet
friends & the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.  Please
donate NOW!

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved
in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's &
fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).