Re: [IP] Site Infection

Jenny often has little bump-type infections, but when we were on vacation
(beach, pool, spa) her site became really infected after two and a half
days. She had a mass under the skin that was approx two in. in diameter.
It was warm and painful. Came on really suddenly. The topical antibiotic
(neosporin) didn't do anything because the skin surface had healed. We
went to the pediatritian and she prescribed an oral antibiotic
(dicloxacillin sodium, 500 mg., 4x a day). The infection cleared up in 3
days. Yes, we are finishing the pills.

We will change site daily from now on when she is in and out of water.

Kay