[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] does anyone know about Diabetes Educator

----- Original Message -----
From: Handsfield, James H. <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 1:16 PM
Subject: RE: [IP] does anyone know about Diabetes Educator

> Jennee [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
> > I was really intersted in becoming a diabtic educator. does
> > anyone know the
> > programs, schooling you need??
> > please email me privately to kep the list short and not all
> > full of excess
> > mail :)
> Two places you can start are the National Certification Board of Diabetes
> Educators (http://www.ncbde.org/) and the American Association of Diabetes
> Educators (http://www.aadenet.org/).
> Jim Handsfield
> email @ redacted OR
> email @ redacted
Jim and Jennee, Before you waste your time with checking out iether website,
one has to have a medical degree, i.e. either Doctor, Nurse, RD, Pharmacist,
Physical Therapist. you can't just be a diabetic and apply for a CDE. i
complained to both organizations because i go every 5 years to a certified
teaching class as the ADA recommends and often i am more aware of what is
happening in diabetes than the instructors do. Blatantly unfair. If i am
able to pass the test required why do i need a medical degree?
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml