Re: [IP] diabetes and dentist

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 12:48 PM
Subject: [IP] diabetes and dentist

> i was at the dentist yesteray and he told me because I have diabetes my
> are weaker than "normal" people. so he gave me flouride to use. hmm. just
> something you guys might want to ask your dentists to explain to you .
It is not that diabetics have 'weaker' teeth that they prescribed the extra
flouride treatments. There are many reasons why a flouride trreatment
becomes necessary mostly because many people today don't get enough flouride
because they drink bottled water instead of tap water which is flouridated.
But diabetics do have a problem with infections and if you keep your teeth
their strongest you will be less apt to develope infections. many dentists
even start a diabetic on  aaantibiotics before a treatment that may cause
bleeding because of this. Plus the longer one has had diabetes the less
nutrients are delivered to the teeth and gum because of compromised
capillary action.
peace & love
bret & Trane, kind of 'blue' MM 508