[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #386

In a message dated 8/24/01 6:14:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> experience at Joslin really helped us feel like a diabetic pregnancy
> isn't such a big deal.  HOWEVER.... my OB was a little concerned with my
> readings at my last appt, and told me she would have the dietician at her
> hospital send me some sample meal plans and recipes to help me start eating
> a little healthier.  Well, the dietician left a message stating that the dr
> wants me on a stict two week menu, no more eating out, adhering to strict
> CHO numbers at each meal, writing down everything I eat, and that she needed
> me to come in.  She even told me that my numbers were unacceptable, and she
> never saw my charts!  The dr. didn't even make a copy of my readings.  If
> the dr wanted a change made, why didn't she call the dietician at Joslin?
> She's the one who sent me there in the first place!  I am so frustrated

I would have stuck with what the experts at Joslin told you.  The whole pt of
having a pump, even if you're pg, is that you don't have to eat the same
thing everytime.
How very frustrating to be told different things by different professionals.
They need to work together for you, insist on it.
If you don't cook at home, you shouldn't have to start.
{{{{{{{Heather}}}}}}}}  I think being tired is part of being pg, hope your
"team" gets their act together.  Don't let them push you around, you are the
team captain, remember???  They work for you.
I know you can do this and have a healthy pregnancy!!

We could all learn a lot from crayons:  some are sharp, some are pretty, some
are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors...but they all
have to learn to live in the same box.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000