[IP] Defective tubing from Silhouette infusion set

Last night I changed the cartridge and tubing for my Minimed 507 and  got a
no Delivery Alarm after priming with about 3 units of insulin.  I had cycled
the syringe properly to lubricate it before filling it a few hours earlier
and attaching it to the new tubing. I couldn't remember if at that time I
had actually pushed the insulin through manually first.  ( I usually do that
before inserting into  the pump) but I figured that  priming it would tke
care of that anyways. After the No Delivery alarm I removed the cartridge
from the pump and did try to push the insulin through manually.  No go.  I
disconnected the tubing from the syringe and used new tubing and the insulin
went through with no problem.  My question is this: what can be wrong with
the first tubing?   This has never happened before.  I kept the defective
tubing and would like to know how to examine it to see what's wrong with it.

Denise Guerin
Type 1 47 years
Minimed 507 3 years