[IP] Re: Control too tight?

In a message dated 8/24/01 9:19:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I came home from the endocrinologist's office feeling down...  Apparently
 A1c of 6.1 is considered too tight of control for my seven-year-old
 daughter.   >>

Well, we parents just can't win, can we??  I would think if you are able to
get this great A1c without bad lows, then things are going just great.
Perhaps they don't believe that your little girl isn't haven't serious low
blood sugars?  I have found that doctors basically ignore what you say if it
isn't the exact thing that they want to hear.    So if they believe that 6.1
results in too many serious lows, thats what they will believe, no matter
what you tell them otherwise.  I say keep up the great work!!  I would love
to have such an A1c for my 7 year old daughter!  She is still bouncing around
high to low lately, despite the pump--just got out of bed and appeared at my
side saying she was low--she was 50, down from 200 just one hour ago, with
only a .5 unit correction (also ate 15 carbs worth of popcorn and gave 1.0
unit for that--is popcorn really slow to digest???).

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7